Here are some of my favorite recaps from around the web for episode 4 of season 2 of Game of Thrones.
- Larry Williams of OtakuASSEMBLE ~ he has never read the books, which gives him a unique take on the show. Love his off the cuff reactions
- Andy Greenwald of Grantland.com ~ another recapper who hasn’t read the books, Andy is hilarious and his reviews are probably the funniest I’ve read
- Sean T. Collins of Rolling Stone ~ he has read the books which makes his reviews particularly insightful. He always makes really interesting op culture analogies (like this week ep to American Psycho)
- Maureen Ryan of The Huffington Post ~ she is a book reader as well. I enjoy hearing the perspective of women viewers because I think the show gets a lot of undeserved flack for being “anti women”. She’s also really sharp in her observations.
- Watching the Thrones on MTV.com ~ this is a super unique panel style review of each episode. I really like the fact that they have a wide range of opinions (including those of Westeros.org founders Elio and Linda)